Paisley

Friday, April 12, 2013

Budweiser Blessing / 33 wks appt / "Done" but not done / Weirdest Symptom / Pics

Budweiser Blessing


If you were at Walmart yesterday and saw a pregnant lady lounged out on the Budweiser display... no worries. It was just me.  I needed a break and it served me well!  A lovely blessing in the alcohol corner.  A lil old lady did come to check on me.  Sam was slightly embarrassed of his mother's behavior.  Won't be the last time.  ("Mommy... what doing? You belly hurt?  You tired? Get up.")  ;)   


33 Weeks Appointment


Last night, I was very thankful that I was going to be seeing my midwife today.  I overdid it yesterday.  The whole "nesting" thing is hitting me, but when I get up and run around the house cleaning/organizing I pay for it shortly afterwards.   From about 7:30 last night until this morning, I had pains on either side and my belly was SUPER tight.  Plus, I'm now up to potty breaks every hour and a half throughout the night.  Although slightly irritating, I'm reminded that right now I can still go back to bed.  Not going to be the case soon!  

* Total weight gain: 34lbs (almost to my 40lb minimum mark!)

* Belly still measuring full term, but now growing out the sides.

* Didn't check to see if I was dilated this time. Will next week. (I've heard that checking too often and too soon can make you dilate... ??)

* Midwife guessed that I would probably deliver by 36wks.  


"Done", but not done


If you've ever been pregnant, you understand the feeling of "I'm so DONE."  I've had that feeling for a couple weeks now.  However, at the same time I do NOT want these babies coming at 33wks and 3 days.  They need at least another couple weeks to bake.  

Until then, I'll just be feeling "blessed".  ;)  ... Ok, ok... I've had a LOT of people ask me, "How are you feeling really? Besides being blessed?"  In short, from lunchtime on, my back kills me when I'm sitting/laying down and my belly hurts when I'm standing up.  It's extremely uncomfortable, but just comes with the territory of growing 2 humans!  If I talk to you and get out of breath while sitting in a chair, please forgive me.  You'd never know that not long ago I ran a half marathon w/ my friend Val while chatting it up most of the way.  Haha  This too shall pass, and leave me with two sweet blessings.    


Weirdest Symptom


Weirdest symptom so far?  HOT feet and hands!!  I'm talking, the palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet get so hot I can barely stand it.  It usually happens at night.  I know that it's b/c of the increased amount of blood in my body.  (My book says that with twin pregnancies, the momma's blood is almost double her normal amount!)  Well NO wonder!

The other night, I was sitting on the couch w/ the hubs... when the HEAT WAVE hit me.  Without thinking I stuck both feet in his face and said "AHH!! Blow on them!!!"  ... He may have given me a look that said his wife had lost her mind.. BUT, he did go get me a tub of cold water for me to soak my steaming feet in.  :)  It. Was. Wonderful.


Pics

32wks pregnant w/ twins




33 wks pregnant w/ twins





Stuck in a chair @ Lifeway while lil man watches Veggie Tales



** SHOWER PICS WILL BE IN NEXT WEEK'S BLOG **

No comments:

Post a Comment