Paisley

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3rd Trimester / How many diapers?! / Wet Nurse Accessories


3rd Trimester


Hellllllo third trimester!!  Wow.  My 1st pregnancy seemed like it was never going to end.  But since I'm chasing around a 2.5 year old this time, it is flying by!  

This week ....

28 weeks pregnant with twins
(Not sure what I'm doing with my fingers. Ha)

Last week...

27 weeks pregnant with twins
-- Why is my head cropped out of this pic?  B/c it was FREEZING outside, and I asked my sister (who is 17wks pregnant now) to take my pic.  She snapped 1 quick shot before jumping into the car.  When I said, "Ohhhhhhh... my face is fat in this pic" she peeks out the door and says "WELL??? I can't do anything about THAT!!"  Hahaha  The joys of working with your pregnant sister.  ;)  We joke, but I love it!  


What Thing 1 and Thing 2 supposedly look like now....

Fraternal Twins - 28 weeks pregnant
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-twins-images-28-weeks


How many diapers??!!


I remember w/ my first child that we went through a LOT of diapers the first 2 months.  But, who counts?? I've read several sources that have done the math for me.  

For the first 60 days, the average newborn goes through 8-12 diapers during a 24-hour period.  Let's just say 10 diapers per day.  

So....

10 diapers x 2 babies = 20 diapers a day

20 diapers x 60 days = 1,200 DIAPERS THE FIRST 60 DAYS!!!!

SAY WHAT???!!  

I had really considered using cloth diapers before I found out I was having twins.  But now... considering how much I HATE doing laundry ... there's no way. Not in the very beginning anyway.  Once they cut that number way down, I might consider doing it part time.  In the meantime, I'm just going to close my eyes as Thing 1 and Thing 2 help to pollute the Earth.  :/  


Wet Nurse Accessories


The UPS man delivered the 1st piece of equipment for my new job... aka: full time wet nurse.  :)  

http://www.doubleblessings.com/sdbbtkl.html

(The giant pillow-table ... not the people.)  I learned my lesson w/ my son.  I made the mistake of using a bottle at night so the hubby could help me and my baby wouldn't fall asleep as easily while eating.  Well, by 3 months, lil man REFUSED to nurse.  He wanted the bottle only.  That left me pumping exclusively for a year.  Ughhhh!! It was very hard, but since I messed up, I was still determined to give him the best nutrition possible. I could go into more details, but I'll just leave it at that. Any questions on the subject, feel free to ask!  I've sold all of my Dr. Brown bottles / warmer / other accessories.  I did register for ONE small set of Tommee Tippee bottles in case the twins for some reason need me to pump in the beginning.  I do not plan on opening them at all.  I'm not naive.  Nursing 2 babies will be a scary and exhausting task.  But, I'm hard-headed.  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment