Paisley

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

25 Week Comparison / Hello Braxton Hicks! / Fighting Kids / Big & Green

25 Week Comparison


Here is a pic of me at 25 weeks with my 1st pregnancy.... (Disregard the lovely skirt. Fashion risk.)

25 weeks with lil man
Here's a pic of me at 25 weeks with the twins...

25 weeks with the twins
I think it's kinda hard to tell a difference by looking at the pictures, but my belly is still consistently bigger this go-round.  You can definitely tell with bare belly pics, but no worries- I'll spare you.  :D  

Hello Braxton Hicks!  


I had some Braxton Hicks contractions off and on w/ my 1st pregnancy.  Mostly towards the end, but not a big deal.  (Not familiar with that term?  Basically it's contractions, but not true labor.  "Practice contractions" as Wikipedia puts it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braxton_Hicks_contractions )

This time, they have come on strong and often.  The last week, every time I stand up or sit in a chair, my belly tightens up like a basketball and doesn't loosen until I lay down flat.  Good thing:  It does go away once I lay down. Bad thing: Try laying down a lot when you have a 2-year-old climbing up on the kitchen counters every few minutes!  Ya know, just mixing your flour with your sugar. Helping.  :) 

Although I was 99% sure it was just Braxton Hicks, I went to my doctor's office just in case.  They confirmed my suspicions. 'Intense braxton hicks.' Whew!  I was not wanting pre-term labor this early!  I'm ok with putting up with the annoying contractions as long as I know it's nothing serious.  

Fighting Kids


The doctor did a quick 30 second ultrasound to get Thing 1 & Thing 2's heart rates.  (It's much faster and easier than using the doppler) As soon as she put it to my belly she said "Whoa!!  They're fighting!"  Yep.  The last 3 ultrasounds have shown the kids kicking and throwing punches.  It's the weirdest thing feeling them do it too.  

The doctor said that she has delivered twins several times that were bruised from hitting each other in the womb.  Wow.  I'll be shocked if mine don't come out w/ some shiners.  ;)  

Big & Green


My 2-year-old was watching me rub cocoa butter on my belly yesterday, when he decided to inform me that it was "BIG and NEEN" (green).  I said, "Green??? Where??"  The precious little one then points to the newly acquired roadmap on the side of my belly and says, "There. Neen!"  Well, thank you child.  It's called transparent skin.  Oh the honesty of a toddler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment