Paisley

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

30 Week Ultrasound / I'm Blessed / Pictures


30 Week Ultrasound


Today I went for my monthly ultrasound at the hospital to check on Thing 1 and Thing 2's growth.  Here's the stats...

*Last month, Thing 1 weighed 2lb 8oz.  Today he weighed 3lb 15oz!  

*Last month, Thing 2 weighed 2lb 2oz.  Today she weighed 3lb 9oz! 

... [I was a little concerned before the U/S because I had only gained maybe a pound and a half the last 4 weeks. (sinus mess, stress from losing Ben's grandpa and dad, etc)  But, evidently they are getting what they need.] ...

"Baby Center" says that the average baby at 30 weeks weighs almost 3lb.  

*Both babies are still head down.  Yay!  I coulda swore that Thing 1 flipped the other day, but he's being cooperative.  Hoping that they both stay head down so I have a greater chance of a VBAC.  Although, I am fully aware that I could deliver 1 baby and then have the 2nd baby flip around with all the newly acquired space.  If that happens, I could deliver 1 offspring vaginally and have the other delivered via C-section.  Ooooooo....sounds like fun.  

*Thing 1 was chewing/sucking on the cord.  Strange.  Ha.  He was also the thumb sucker earlier in the pregnancy.  

*I'm seeing the chiropractor now once a week. (Either the hubby or one of the doctors he works with)  It does wonders for a few days!  Then the giant gut gets the best of my spine / muscles.  

*Lil man still stares at my belly in amazement almost everyday and says ... "Mommy... it's SO BIG!"  Thank you child.  

*Hubby still stares at my belly in amazement almost everyday and says ... "Wow... it's SO BIG!"  Thank you hubs. ;)  

I'm Blessed 


I have people ask me all the time, "How are you feeling??"  Hmmm.  Not sure how I'm always supposed to answer that question.  Typically, I say "fine."  Unless you are one of the few lucky people I talk to a bunch, I don't like to complain about pregnancy symptoms.  It gets under my skin when I hear people go on and on about their aches and pains.    

Soooooo.... since carrying twins has proven to be much harder than I ever thought w/ lots of lovely symptoms/aches/pains...  My new official response to that question is "I'm blessed."  

I'm blessed to have back pain, aches, fatigue, an elephant that resides on my chest when I lay down, lack of bladder control & not being able to walk and talk w/o getting completely out of breath.  

Why?  Because I have been blessed to carry these lil babies!  Just like most things in life, there is a price to pay.  I will gladly carry these lil bladder 'n rib kickers for another 10 weeks if that is what my God wants.  There are far worse things in life than temporary aches and pains. 

Pictures


Here's me at 30 weeks with Thing 1 and Thing 2 ...



( The ultrasound pics were not very good this time.  The babies are getting really squished.  See the 26 week ultrasound post for much better pics. )

 Thing 1

As I said, not their best pics...


Thing 2

Not feeling so photogenic today... 

Sweet Big Brother

My lil man <3



No comments:

Post a Comment