Paisley

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sporty SUV to Mommy Soccer Van

Sporty SUV to Mommy Soccer Van 


"I will always be an SUV mommy.  If I need a 3rd row of seating, then I will get an SUV that has a 3rd row.  I will NEVER get a min-van!!"  

NEVER. SAY. NEVER. 

We tried putting all 3 carseats in my SUV.  They fit... BARELY.  What really bothered me though is the fact that when we closed the doors they would hit the side of the infant carseats. If we got hit, those carseats are RIGHT next to the doors. :/  My SUV had a lot of room in the back, but where the kids would be was super scrunched.  

We were going to just 'deal' with it.... but we got the opportunity to do an even trade for a mini-van.  Hmmmmmm... There is no way we could do an even trade for a nice SUV with 3 rows, especially without taking on payments.  In this crazy economy, a car payment is the last thing we want!  

So, I started convincing the hubby on why we "neeeeeded" to trade the cars.  After test-driving it, he agreed it would be a good decision. I was excited. :)

BUT... when it came time to hand over the keys to my SUV, my preggo hormones got the best of me.  I'm pretty sure that every salesman in the lot stopped and starred at this crazy lady bawling her eyes out who wouldn't turn over her keys!  It was so embarrassing, but I could not control it!!  We can laugh about it now... although I wasn't laughing at the time.  Ha  

I finally gave him my keys and went to sign the paperwork.  The guys found a stack of Hardee's napkins and gave them to me.  

As I drove off the lot, guess what followed me almost ALL the way home??  An SUV EXACTLY like the one I traded in!!  Same color and everything.  I may have yelled at the lady "Stop tormenting me!!"  ... but I don't really remember. ;)  

Now that the hormones have gone away (for the time being), I am really glad again that we got the mommy-van.  Little man loves it and it will be much easier when Thing 1 and Thing 2 get here.  



1 comment:

  1. Its like back in the day when we used to ride around in your moms minivan ...now just teach Sam the whole beach boys cd and to sing like Zach...oh what good times those were;)

    ReplyDelete